Last Updated: Dec 03, 2015     Views: 671

If you have a term time contract then you will have agreed to a contract for the full period of your academic year. However, we understand this may cause some hardship for some students and therefore if a student wishes to terminate their term time Licence Agreement early, the University operates the following procedure.

In the Licence Agreement, Residents agree to take the Accommodation for the full Licence Period. If a Resident vacates the Accommodation before the end of the Licence Period and/or returns their keys/access cards to the Residences Office, the University will be entitled to claim accommodation fees for the whole Licence Period or until the Accommodation is re-let, whichever is the sooner, and a concessionary charge of £250 to cover the Replacement Costs.

Campus vacancies will first be offered to students on the Accommodation Centre waiting list. It is likely that it will take at least one week if not longer to find a new licensee however for some Accommodation no replacement may be found.

For further information about vacating before the end of the contract, please refer to the Residence Rules and Regulations.

If you have a summer vacation contract please read the question 'Can I move out of my room before the end of my summer vacation contract and what will I be charged?'.

Related Topics

Contact Us