Last Updated: Aug 09, 2021     Views: 93

The University recognises that some students applying for campus accommodation may have a disability or medical condition that requires a resident personal assistant. In these cases the University can provide the option of a room/s on campus for the personal assistant/s under the same terms and conditions as the student. Home students may be able to reclaim personal assistant (carer) costs from their Social Services Department (often via a Direct Payments Scheme).  

Students requiring campus accommodation for their personal assistant must provide evidence that they have had a community assessment from Social Services which recommends the need for a personal assistant as part of the individual’s agreed Care Plan. Prospective students and returning students are responsible for making their own arrangements to be assessed and for ensuring the personal assistant assessment is completed in advance of the new session. This is to enable the Student Living Team to reserve the appropriate accommodation to meet the student’s needs. For further information please contact the Student Wellbeing Team.

Related Topics

Chat with us