Last Updated: Jun 05, 2020     Views: 1146

Students are required to pay their accommodation instalments on or before the installment due dates. For campus  accommodation instalment due dates and amounts please read Residence Rules and Regulations and for information about off campus accommodation please read a Sample Student Tenancy Agreement.

Unfortunately we are not able to make arrangements for you to pay your rent instalments other than on the University approved dates that are found on your contract and invoice issued to you from the University Finance Office.

Residents will be charged interest on any sum due under their agreement at 3% a year above the Bank of England's base rate from time to time from for the period when the sum became due, until payment is received, whether before or after judgement. All monies due under the agreement will be recoverable as a debt. Charges will be invoiced to the student account and will be payable immediately on receipt of invoice. Non-payment of accommodation fees pursuant to the agreement, may result in the University taking legal action to end the contract. If the University has to take legal action, you will be liable for the costs of the legal action. 

Student Finance will issue you with an invoice for this charge which will be added to your student account and is payable immediately. Payment/s may be made by cash or credit/debit card at the campus Cash Office. Further details can be found in the Campus Residence Rules and Regulations and an off-campus Sample Student Tenancy Agreement.

If there was a problem with your Student Finance, resulting in a delay in your instalments, you can always discuss the issues with the Student Centre who may be able to advise you of any additional information. They can be found in the Howell Building on campus or you can contact them via email or by calling 01895 268268.

If you are receiving a Brunel University Bursary then please contact Accommodation Centre for advice. In some instances the Brunel Student Finance Office will allow monthly payments from your Brunel Bursary. Permission is granted from the Student Finance Office on a case by case basis.

If you are having difficulties in paying your rent or have any other financial issues please contact the Money Doctors located on campus who will be able to provide you with advice and guidance.

Contact Us