Last Updated: Aug 11, 2022     Views: 1824

Private kitchen and bathrooms are found in the studio/ flats for cohabiting couples. If you would like more information on applying for this please see 'How can I apply for a studio flat?'. If you are a single applicant please see 'Can a single person apply for a studio flat?'. During term time as a single applicant you can still apply to live in a studio/ flats but the priority would go to co-habiting couples first.

Standard rooms do not have a private bath/shower room. Within a standard room you will have private use of a sink but share the bath/shower room and toilet with other residents on your floor. These are usually shared with approx. 5 people.  You will also share a kitchen with approx. 10-16 residents. Full details of the facilities within the rooms/halls can be found in the Halls of Residence pages. An example of a standard room layout can be seen in the Clifton Hall floor plan.

If you want to have a private bath/shower room you would need to apply for an en suite room. There are currently two layouts:

Corridor layout en suite rooms are found in Mill Hall where rooms are grouped together in corridors or approx. 13-16 people (similar to a hotel) and share a kitchen. Please see the Mill Hall floor plan for a detailed layout.

Flat layout en suite rooms are found in all other en suite residences and are grouped together in flats of 5-10 people with their own flat door and shared kitchen. An example of the flat layout can be seen in the Fleming Hall floor plan.

Studio/ Flat for co-habiting couples are found in the Isambard Complex and one bed flats are located in different halls on campus. They have private bath/shower room facilities and a private kitchen.

Situated across various halls around campus there are 2 and 3 bedroom apartments with a spacious living room, bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen. These apartments are fully furnished and offer comfortable accommodation for single applicants. The rooms have a small double bed and you will share the bath/shower/toilet with your flatmates.


Chat with us