Last Updated: Feb 09, 2018     Views: 284

There is a Medical Centre located on-campus offering a number of services to students and members of the public in the local area. On arrival at the University residents will need to register with the Medical Centre in the first week of term.

Please note: The Medical Centre does not provide a 24 hour service.

Any resident who is ill or has an accident must inform the Residences Office or Residences Student Mentors as soon as reasonably practicable. You may do so by email or by telephoning +44 (0)1895 265499. Any accident, which results in attendance at hospital and any absence resulting from an accident, should be reported immediately by telephone to the Safety Office on extension 66415 or 66416 or externally on +44 (0)1895 269759 – in addition to completing an accident form.

Any resident, who is aware that another resident is ill or has had an accident, should inform the Residences Office or Residences Student Mentors without delay if they have a reason to suppose the ill or injured resident has not done so themselves.

If you are unable to contact the above outside of office hours the Security Office can be contacted on +44 (0)1895 255786 in an emergency.

If you have been allocated accommodation on medical grounds it is advisable for you to contact your Residences Office of your hall in order to discuss your individual needs in residences at your earliest opportunity. Support and advice is also available from the University’s Disability and Dyslexia Service. Residents, who develop a disability during their stay in our accommodation and who require any adaptations to their accommodation, should first contact the University’s Disability and Dyslexia Service and also arrange to meet their Residences Staff to discuss individual needs.



Related Topics

Contact Us